Call a boy a gentleman and watch his shoulders straighten. Call a girl a lady and watch her spirit turn graceful. Humanity was brought into existence by God speaking words into the void of the universe. We tend to become what we are called.The Medicine of Hope (via raysofthesun)
I’m trying hard to live by Cat Principles:
1. I am glorious above all things.
2. Eat when hungry, sleep when sleepy, play when bored.
3. Affection is given and received on my terms and only mine.
4. Show displeasure clearly.
5. Demand the things you want. If they aren’t given, demand them again, but louder this time.
6. If you are touched when you don’t want to be, say so. If they continue to touch you, make them bleed.
I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.Maya Angelou (via getyourassbeat)